Slow cooker pineapple pork is a delicious flavorful meal. Made with black pepper marinated pork tenderloin and a slightly sweet pineapple sauce.
Slow cooker pineapple pork
This pineapple pork is one of my favorite slow cooker meals. I love the the combination of the spicy black pepper with the sweet pineapple. The pork tenderloin is perfectly tender Also makes a great summertime meal so you don’t have to turn on your oven.
Can you shred pork tenderloin?
Yes! Since this pork tenderloin is cooked in this delicious pineapple sauce, it stays moist and tender and is easy to shred. I like shredding with a fork and then cutting with a knife into smaller bites.
What is the difference between pork tenderloin and pork loin?
Pork tenderloin and pork loin are cut from different parts of the animal. Pork tenderloin is smaller and thin and pork loin is usually larger in size. You can use a pork loin for this recipe but I like the ease of the premarinated pork tenderloin for this dish.
How to serve pineapple pork?
- This meal can also be made into meal prep bowls. Add rice, pork and pineapple to containers. When you are ready to eat, remove the pineapple and heat the pork and rice.
- Serve on top of rice with fresh pineapple and cilantro.
- Wrap in tortillas to make tacos.
- Serve on a bun with extra BBQ sauce.
More slow cooker recipes:
Slow Cooker Pineapple Pork
- 1 Black pepper pork tenderloin I used Smithfield - Roasted Garlic & Cracked Black Pepper Pork Tenderloin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 20 oz can pineapple tidbits
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced ginger
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add olive oil to pan.
- Place pork tenderloin in skillet and brown on all sides. About 4 minutes per side.
- Place tenderloin in slow cooker. Add in can of pineapple tidbits.
- In a medium saucepan, heat ketchup, ginger, sugar, Worcestershire sauce and vinegar. Dump the sauce over the pork tenderloin in the slow cooker.
- Cook for 4 hours. Remove pork from slow cooker and shred with a fork. Place meat back in slow cooker and cover with sauce.
Would the peppercorn marinated Smithfields pork tenderloin work just as well?
Yes that would work great.