Making a recipe that uses metric measurements and wonder how many grams in a pound? This handy printable weight conversion chart will help you easily convert grams to pounds and grams to ounces.
How Many Grams In A Pound?
1 pound = 454 grams (453.59237)
Have something like a pound of ground beef or a pound of flour and want to convert to grams? There are approximately 454 grams in 1 pound.
American Standard = Metric (approximate measurements)
- 1/8 ounce = 3.5 grams
- 1/2 ounce = 14 grams
- 1 ounce = 28 grams
- 2 ounces = 57 grams
- 4 ounces = 1/4 pound = 113 grams
- 6 ounces = 170 grams
- 8 ounces = 1/2 pound = 227 grams
- 16 ounces = 1 pound = 454 grams
- 32 ounces = 2 pounds = 907 grams
- 48 ounces = 3 pounds = 1361 grams
Almost every other country in the world measures using the metric system. So if you are using a recipe with metric measurements, this chart will help easily convert.
How many grams in an ounce?
1 ounce = 28 grams (approximately)
How many grams in an eighth of an ounce?
1/8 ounce = 3.5 grams
How many grams in an eighth of an ounce seems to be a common conversion question. There are 3.5 grams in 1/8 ounce.
How many ounces in a pound?
16 ounces = 1 pound
Making a big batch of cookies and need to know how many ounces in a pound? There are 16 ounces in one pound.
How to weigh food
A kitchen scale, like this digital scale, is a great tool to have. Use this method to find your ingredient weight.
- Place a container of your choice, the container that will be holding your ingredients, on the scale.
- Press the “tare” button and the weight should go back to zero.
- Now add your ingredient into the container to find the exact weight.
How many grams in an ounce and pound?
This free printable conversion chart comes in handy when try to do kitchen conversion.