Chicken Sausage Meal Prep Bowls are filled with sweet apple chicken sausage, roasted butternut squash and a colorful quinoa salad. A filling, and delicious meal perfect for a make ahead lunch or dinner.
Thank you al fresco for sponsoring this post. All opinions are my own.
Meal prep is a wonderful way to set yourself up for the week. Cook once and have lunch or dinner ready to go for the next few days. These chicken sausage meal prep bowls are tasty, colorful and full of texture. Super satisfying!
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN SAUSAGE MEAL PREP BOWLS
These meal prep bowls start with al fresco sweet apple chicken sausage. al fresco chicken sausages are all-natural , fully cooked sausages so they can be cooked in no time! I also love that they are 70% less fat than pork sausage, 30% less sodium than pork sausage and are gluten free.
Start by cooking the sausage and butternut squash in a 400 degree oven.
- Cut a butternut squash into small cubes. Spread the butternut squash on a foil lined baking sheet.
- Slice the al fresco sausage into slices. Place them on a lined baking sheet next to the squash. Drizzle the squash and sausage with olive oil, salt and pepper and toss.
- Place in the oven and bake for 25 minutes.
While the sausage and squash are cooking, make the quinoa salad. I typically cook my quinoa in a rice cooker. (It takes about 15 minutes to cook.) If you don’t have a rice cooker, it can be made on the stove according to package.
- Combine cooked quinoa, spinach, diced cucumber, feta and pomegranate seeds in a bowl. Toss with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
Once the sausage and squash have cooked, divide everything into 4 meal prep containers.
TIPS FOR EASY MEAL PREP
With just a little bit of planning, meal prep can be easy.
- Stock refrigerator with fruits, veggies and lean meats like al fresco chicken sausage.
- Pre-chop vegetables at the beginning of the week or purchase already chopped veggies.
- Cook grains at the beginning of the week. I will make a double batch or quinoa, pasta or rice on Sunday and use all week.
- Plan out weekly menu. I like to plan out my weekly menu Sunday morning, make my list and then go to the store.
These bowls are very versatile. Don’t have squash, change it up with sweet potatoes or cauliflower. If you don’t like quinoa, replace with a small pasta or rice.
Chicken Sausage Meal Prep Bowls
- 1 12 oz package al fresco Chicken apple sausage
- 2-3 cups cubed butternut squash
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup chopped baby spinach
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- juice of one lemon
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil. Place cut sausage and diced butternut squash on pan.
- Drizzle olive oil over sausage and squash. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Remove pan from oven and using a spatula, flip the sausage and squash over and bake another 10 minutes.
- While sausage is in the oven, cook quinoa according to package.
- Once cooked, toss with shredded baby spinach, diced cucumbers, feta and pomegranate seeds.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. Drizzle over quinoa and toss.
- Divide sausage and squash into four meal prep bowls. Fill the remaining of the bowl with quinoa salad.