Cajun Shrimp Meal Prep Bowls are great for a light, easy dinner or lunch. Baked Cajun spiced shrimp with rice and fresh corn salad.
I am a big fan of meal prep like Jerk Chicken Prep Bowls and BBQ Chicken Bowls! Make one time and have left over for the next day. Anything that saves time is a winner in my book! These Cajun Shrimp Meal Prep Bowls are perfect for a light and flavorful meal! Filled with spicy shrimp, corn salad and rice this is one satisfying dish.
I used frozen shrimp for this meal prep bowl because I had them on hand. Of course fresh would be great too. I recommend buying the shrimp that are deveined, peeled and tails off because mama ain’t got time to do all of that. 🙂
Mix the shrimp in a little bit of oil and spices and toss in the oven for about 10 minutes depending on the shrimp size.
On the day I took these pictures I used white rice but by all means switch it up to brown or yellow rice. Even quinoa or cauliflower rice would be great substitutes! What ever floats your shrimp boat. 🙂
You can find the recipe for the corn salad HERE. It is a simple mixture of fresh corn, tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers and onions with a light dressing.
These shrimp meal prep bowls really make a wonderful lunch or dinner. The portions here are enough for 2 good size containers so if you would like more you can double the recipe. Enjoy!
Cajun Shrimp Meal Prep
- peeled, deveined shrimp
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Cajun Seasoning
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 4 cups cooked rice white, brown or even quinoa
- 2 cups corn salad
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Mix together oil, Cajun Seasoning and garlic powder in a bowl. Toss raw shrimp in the mixture until coated.
- Pour shrimp onto a rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Prepare rice according to package. Prepare corn salad according to recipe.
- Scoop half rice into each container. Scoop a cup of corn salad into each container and add half the shrimp in each container.