Red wine and garlic mushrooms are a simple and elegant side dish. Serve for a dinner party, the holidays or just a nice evening at home.
I will never forget the first time I went to a fancy steak house with my family. The dark lighting, white table linens and of course the delicious food. Aside from the obvious steak and potato, I distinctly remember having small little garlic and red wine mushrooms that were out of this world! I wanted to eat the whole bowl myself. Nobody told me you had to share with the table. 🙂
And that is why I love to cook at home because I don’t have to share if I don’t want to. In fact, when I made these mushrooms you see in the pictures, I ate every single one. 🙂
Making these couldn’t be easier. Start with some olive oil and cremini mushrooms in a pan. Add in some garlic and shallots and then RED WINE and BUTTER! Yummy! I finish the mushrooms with salt, pepper and fresh parsley.
If you don’t want to open a whole bottle of wine, my tip is to buy the small individual bottles of red wine. They are great to use for cooking.
These mushrooms are a perfect accompaniment for a steak dinner but are also wonderful alongside roast chicken, pork or fish. Treat yourself to a “fancy” side dish that takes less than 10 minutes.
Red Wine and Garlic Mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 shallots minced
- 16 oz cremini mushrooms cleaned
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Heat a medium size skillet over medium heat.
- Add 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add mushrooms in the pan and cook 3-5 minutes.
- Add in garlic and shallots and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in wine, butter, lemon juice and salt and pepper.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat and top with fresh parsley.