Pumpkin Chai Trifle
Sep 27, 2018, Updated Dec 04, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Pumpkin Chai Trifle is layered with Chai Tea Latte infused cake, pumpkin pudding and Chai cream. This dessert is sure to please and full of fall flavor.
Fall is by far my favorite time of year. It’s also a super busy time of year for our family. I try to sneak in a little “me time” in the mornings before the day gets hectic. Sitting on the porch, having a hot mug of Chai Tea Latte while enjoying the crisp air and the changing leaves is my favorite way to hit the pause button.
One reason I love the fall is the food. I am one of those people that wants everything pumpkin especially when it comes to desserts.
Pumpkin is of course a wonderful ingredient for fall recipes and so is Chai tea. Chai tea is black tea mixed with spices like cardamom, cinnamon, ginger and cloves, all of those warm, spicy flavors you think of when it comes to fall.
How to make Pumpkin Chai Trifle
- This trifle starts with a cake mix infused with Oregon Chai Tea Latte Concentrate. I used a butter pecan cake mix but yellow or spice cake would be nice too. Mix all of the box ingredients along with 1/4 cup of the Chai Tea Latte Concentrate.
- Pour the batter into a 9×13″ pan and bake according to box for 25-30 minutes.
- Let cool and then cut the cake into cubes.
Pumpkin Cream Layer
- Mix together instant vanilla pudding with milk, pumpkin puree and pumpkin spice. Gently fold in the frozen whipped topping. Make sure the whipped topping is slightly thawed before mixing. Store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Chai Tea Latte Cream Layer
- Using a mixer, blend together softened cream cheese, sugar, frozen whipped topping and Oregon Chai Tea Latte Concentrate.
To assemble, layer cake, pumpkin cream, Chai Tea cream and repeat.
If you like trifles, be sure to try this easy red velvet trifle recipe.
Pumpkin Chai Trifle
- 3 tablespoons Oregon Chai Tea Latte Concentrate
- 1 box Butter Pecan Cake Mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 3.4 oz. instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1 15 oz. pumpkin puree
- 4 oz. frozen whipped topping slightly thawed
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
Chai Tea Latte Cream
- 1 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 8 oz frozen whipped topping
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup Oregon Chai Tea Latte Concentrate
- 4 oz. frozen whipped topping
- sprinkle of cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9×13″ pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix together cake ingredients and pour batter into pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in cake comes out clean.
- Let the cake cook and then cut into small cubes.
- To make the pumpkin cream, mix together pudding mix, milk, pumpkin pie spice, and pumpkin puree. Gently fold in the whipped topping. Keep in refrigerator until ready to assemble.
- Mix together cream cheese, sugar, whipped topping and Oregon Chai Tea Latte Concentrate until combined.
- Using a trifle bowl, layer cake cubes, pumpkin cream, Chai cream and repeat. End with frozen whipped topping and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- I used a butter pecan cake mix but yellow or spice cake would work well too.
- I recommend letting the cream cheese soften before mixing for the cream. It helps make the cream smooth and not lumpy.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.