Orecchiette with broccoli and chicken sausage is a delicious meal that can be made in under 30 minutes. Perfect for those busy weeknights!
Thank you al fresco for sponsoring this post. All opinions are my own.
- al fresco Italian Fully Cooked Chicken Sausage – These sausages bring wonderful flavor to this dish and cook up very fast.
- orecchiette pasta – Ear shaped pasta that is the perfect bite size.
- broccoli – Adds color and texture to this dish.
- chicken broth
- mozzarella cheese – I enjoy the creaminess this cheese adds but Parmesean would be also be a great addition.
- olive oil
- sun dried tomatoes – These are optional but add more color and flavor.
Now that school has started and Fall is just around the corner, life has been getting busier. I love having dinner options that don’t take much prep work and can be made without spending a lot of time in the kitchen.
I have teamed up with al fresco again to bring you a quality, delicious meal that can be made in less than 30 minutes. This pasta dish rivals any restaurant meal!
al fresco Fully Cooked Chicken Sausages are perfect to have in your refrigerator for simple, flavorful meals. Their variety of products offers something for everyone.
How to Make Orecchiette with Broccoli and Chicken Sausage
- Start with cooking the orecchiette according to package directions. Be sure to drain off the water once they are finished cooking.
- Slice al fresco Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage into rounds and cooking in a large skillet. Cook until slightly browned.
- Pour in chicken broth and then add broccoli florets.
- Cook another 4-5 minutes to soften broccoli. You want the broccoli to be crisp tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in cooked pasta, sun dried tomatoes and cheese. Season the dish with salt and pepper. Stir and serve warm.
What is a good substitute for orecchiette pasta?
You can substitute other small sized pasta like penne, elbow or farfalle.
This meal is very versatile. If you don’t like broccoli, try adding in baby spinach for your vegetable. I have also made this with grated Parmesan and cheddar cheese instead of mozzarella.
Be sure to let me know what you think of think of this dinner in the comments. Don’t forget, it’s easy to make delicious, quality meals at home without spending hours in the kitchen.
**Make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below.
Orecchiette with broccoli and chicken sausage
- 1 12 oz al fresco Sweet Italian Fully Cooked Chicken Sausage
- 12 oz orecchiette pasta
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, add olive oil to a large skillet. Add in sliced chicken sausage and cook over medium heat until sausages are lightly browned. About 5 minutes.
- Pour in chicken broth and broccoli into the skillet. Cook for another 5 minutes to soften the broccoli.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in cooked and drained pasta, sun dried tomatoes, mozzarella and season with salt and pepper.