This Jif™ Peanut Powder shop for Chicken and Zucchini Noodles with Spicy Peanut Butter Sauce has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
Jay and I have started off the new year by trying to exercise more and making better food choices. So when our friends invited us to run an obstacle race with them in March, we said yes. We are hoping this will give us a goal to work towards. Evidently these races are not just running, but they are filled with obstacles and burpees along the way. My muscles are already feeling sore just thinking about it!
We have been trying to hit the gym as much as possible, but really our eating has been the thing that needs some improvement. I could live off of sugar if my body would let me. I have been trying to come up with recipes that include more vegetables and protein for us to eat.
One of my friends told me she was adding Jif Peanut Powder to her smoothies in the morning to add a little extra protein. I had not heard of peanut powder until recently but when she told me about it, my mind really started thinking about all of the great things we could make using the powder. My initial thought was that this would be great for the smoothies we have been making for breakfast. I also really wanted to use it for something savory and thought it would make a great spicy peanut butter sauce over some zucchini noodles. And let me tell you, I was right. This Chicken and Zucchini Noodles with Spicy Peanut Butter Sauce has been one of my favorite recipes so far this year.
What is peanut powder and how else can I use it?
Jif™ Peanut Powder is made with just one ingredient – fresh roasted peanuts. There is no added sugar or salt like a lot of other peanut products. Jif™ Peanut Powder also has the same amount of protein as traditional peanut butter, but 85% less fat. You can use the powder for baking, smoothies, and spicy peanut butter sauce like me. There are so many different recipe possibilities with this ingredient.
I must mention that there is also a Jif Chocolate Peanut Powder option, which contains a touch of semisweet chocolate and a dash of sugar. It would be perfect for something like a peanut butter and chocolate smoothie! I was able to find the Jif Peanut Powder in the peanut butter section at Walmart.
OK, back to my spicy peanut butter sauce. Scoop your powder in a bowl and then mix in water, honey, rice vinegar, soy sauce, and cayenne pepper for a little heat. Stir it up until smooth.
Next you will make your zucchini and carrot noodles. If you don’t have one of these gadgets, you can use a potato peeler, cut them in thin slices or even use a box grater.
I recommend placing the vegetables on some paper towels and patting them dry to try and get out excess water. Diggin the colors of these vegetables. Eat the rainbow, right?!
You will throw the vegetables in the skillet for a couple of minutes and then place them in a large bowl. Top with the chicken, cilantro, green onions, sesame seeds, and of course the spicy peanut butter sauce. Give it a quick toss to make sure everything is coated.
This meal is filling and sure to give you the energy you need to get through the day. I need all the energy I can get running around after my 3 little guys.
Next time you are at Walmart, grab a bag of Jif™ Peanut Powder and start cooking. Be sure to leave a comment with your creative ideas using Jif Peanut Powder.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons grill seasoning
- 1 lb chicken breast, diced into small pieces
- 2 large zucchini, spiralized or shaved with peeler
- 1 large carrot, spiralized or shaved with peeler
- 1 red bell pepper cut into thin strips
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup green onions, chopped
- sesame seeds
- salt and pepper
- Peanut Sauce
- 3 tablespoons Jif™ Peanut Powder
- 2½ tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ tablespoon lite soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper (more if you like spicier)
- In a small bowl, mix together Jif™ Peanut Powder, water, honey, soy sauce, vinegar, and cayenne pepper until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Sprinkle chicken with grill seasoning and then add chicken to the skillet.
- Cook the chicken until done, about 5-7 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pan.
- In the same pan, add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add the zucchini noodles, carrots, and peppers. Season vegetables with some salt and pepper.
- Cook over medium heat from about 2 minutes.
- Remove vegetables and place in a large bowl. Top with chicken, cilantro, green onions, sesame seeds and spicy peanut sauce.
- Toss until everything is coated.