A refreshing orange dip that is perfect for dipping summer fruit.
We are just finishing up our first full week of summer break and it has been so much fun!! The weather has been perfect for going to the pool and soaken up the sun. I treasure these days with the kids because the summer seems to fly by.
During the summer, our refrigerator always seems to be stocked with what seems like the whole grocery store produce section of fruit. The kids can’t get enough of it, I think they must eat their weight in fruit each day. They adore strawberries, grapes, cantaloupe, ok, really whatever fruit I put in front of them. For a special treat this week I made them orange fruit dip. It tastes almost like a lemon bar with a hint of orange. We usually eat our fruit SANS dip but summer is supposed to be fun and dips are fun darn it.
This recipe is so tasty, the kids fight about who can lick the bowl clean but usually I am the one who wins. There is no cream cheese so it feels light even though it does have a tiny bit of sugar 🙂 The consistency is a little thinner than a lemon curd. Any fruit would be great with this dip or even a shortbread cookie, because sometimes we just need a cookie.
This is definitely a dip to bring to your next party. Your friends will thank you!
Orange Fruit Dip
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons and 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pulp free orange juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Assorted fruit for serving
- In a small saucepan, combine all ingredients and mix until blended. Bring to a boil over medium heat occasionally stirring. Once at a boil, cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Let cool, cover and refrigerate until chilled.