Cinnamon sugar banana donut holes are the perfect way to start off your morning.
This has been one rainy week and I am sooo ready for the sunny weekend. Soccer is starting back up for Major and Elle just started ballet so things are starting to get busy again. Spring is on it’s way!
I have been working on organizing the kitchen this last week so it will be easier to get out the things I use most and the placement of things makes a little more sense. When we first moved in, I just threw things in cabinets so we could get rid of all of the boxes that were taking up too much room. Now that it has been a year that we have lived here, probably time to really get it organized.
While working in the kitchen, this bunch of super ripe bananas kept staring at me, looking at me like “make something yummy with us”. I didn’t feel like making banana bread and my kids have been on a donut hole kick lately so I thought banana donut holes would be a great way to use them and not let them end up in the trash can.
HOW TO MAKE BAKED DONUT HOLES
- Preheat oven and spray mini muffin tin with non-stick spray.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, mix together banana, brown sugar, egg, vegetable oil, vanilla, butter extract and milk.
- Combine wet ingredients and dry ingredients.
- Fill muffin tins and bake.
- Once they bake, remove from tin and dip in melted butter and roll in cinnamon sugar mixture.
These little guys are soft, not too sweet with a hint of banana. They are a great way to use up ripe bananas. These cinnamon sugar banana donut holes did not last long, one morning to be exact so you might want to make an extra batch to have for the next day.
Cinnamon Sugar Banana Donut Holes
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon butter extract
- 1 ripe banana mashed
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, salt,1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In a separate bowl, mix together oil, brown sugar, egg, vanilla, butter extract, egg, banana and milk.
- Add the banana mixture to dry ingredients and mix until well blended.
- Fill the mini muffin cups 3/4 full. Bake for 10 minutes or until done.
- Melt butter and place in a bowl and mix cinnamon and sugar in a separate bowl.
- Remove donut holes and cool for 3-5 minutes. Dip the holes in butter and then roll in cinnamon sugar mixture.