The Best Big Soft Ginger Cookies
Best Big Soft Ginger Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup sugar for rolling cookies
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
In a large mixing bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds to soften butter.
Gradually add 1 cup of sugar, beat until fluffy. Add egg and molasses, beat well.
Stir dry ingredients into butter mixture.
Shape dough into 1 1/2 inch balls (about 1 heaping tablespoon dough each).
Roll ball in the 1/4 cup sugar and place on cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
Bake for 10 minutes or until light brown. Do not overcook. Let stand 2 minutes before transferring to wire cooling rack.
- I like to lightly spray non-stick cooking spray in my measuring cup before I add molasses. This helps the molasses to easily pour out of measuring cup.
- Be sure not to over bake these cookies. I find 10 minutes to be perfect. They might not look done when you remove them from oven but once they cool they are fine.
Calories: 139kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 22mg | Sodium: 100mg | Potassium: 70mg | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 185IU | Calcium: 12mg | Iron: 0.8mg