Skillet Hamburger Casserole
Easy skillet hamburger casserole.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 16 oz large elbow pasta
- 1 can tomatoes with green chilis
- 1 teaspoon course salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Cook pasta according to directions.
In a large skillet, brown ground beef over medium heat until cooked through. Drain excess grease and season meat with salt and pepper.
Stir in diced onion and peppers. Cook another 2-3 minutes. Add in tomatoes and stir.
Stir in pasta and cheese. Serve hot.
- Cook the pasta al dente so it will not get too mushy in the casserole.
- If you don't like spicy food, substitute Rotel with a can of petite diced tomatoes.
Calories: 178kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 57mg | Sodium: 294mg | Potassium: 340mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 320IU | Vitamin C: 9.6mg | Calcium: 180mg | Iron: 2.1mg