How Long To Bake Potatoes At 400
How to make baked potatoes cooking them at 400 degrees F.
- 4 russet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
Clean off potatoes and pat dry. Using a fork, poke holes into the top of the potatoes to let moisture escape while they are cooking.
Brush potatoes all over with olive oil. Sprinkle all over with salt.
Bake for 50-60 minutes or until the skins are crispy and it's easy to pierce potatoes with a fork.
Carefully remove from the oven. Let cook for several minutes and then slice down the middle to open them up.
- No foil needed: You don't need to wrap your potato in foil. To achieve crispy skin, they need to stay unwrapped while baking.
- Cooking time: The size of the potatoes can effect the cooking time of the potatoes. Small potatoes will take around 50 minutes, large potatoes, closer to 60 minutes.
- Temperature: To ensure they are cooked all the way through you can check the internal temperature. It should be somewhere between 208 - 212 degrees Fahrenheit for hot, fluffy potatoes.
- Cut: Using a sharp knife, cut down the center of the potato, but not all the way through. Squeeze the ends of the potato towards the center to help fluff the center.
Calories: 230kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 592mg | Potassium: 888mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 2IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 28mg | Iron: 2mg