Chai Tea Latte Starbucks Copycat Recipe
This is an easy chai tea latte recipe that is sure to satisfy.
Servings: 1 drink
- 2 chai tea bags
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- sprinkle cinnamon optional to top drink
Boil water in a small saucepan on the stove or in the microwave. Once boiling, remove from heat and add tea bags. Let steep for at least 5 minutes.
Mix in brown sugar and vanilla extract. Pour tea mixture into a coffee mug.
Froth milk either in milk frother, sauce pan or French press. Pour frothed milk into mug with tea.
Optional, sprinkle with ground cinnamon or nutmeg.
- If you like the drink to be less sweet, reduce the amount of sugar to 1 teaspoon or leave the sugar out completely.
- If you want extra creaminess, try topping with a little whipped cream.
- What does it taste like? If you like pumpkin spice lattes, you will enjoy a chai. They contain similar spices but the chai doesn't have the espresso.
Calories: 145kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 18mg | Sodium: 93mg | Potassium: 254mg | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 296IU | Calcium: 221mg | Iron: 1mg