Burgers In The Oven
Make juicy, flavorful burgers in the oven in about 15 minutes.
Servings: 4 burgers
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 hamburger buns
- optional toppings
Preheat oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit. Make sure the oven rack is in the center of the oven.
Either spray baking dish with non-stick spray OR place a cooling rack on a cookie sheet.
Place meat in a large bowl. Pour in Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Mix the mixture until combined.
Divide into 4 equal balls and form the ground beef mixture into hamburger patties.
Place the patties in prepared baking dish or on the cooling rack. Place in preheated oven.
Bake for about 15 minutes. Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature for doneness. You will want 160 degrees F for medium.
This step is optional. If you would like cheese, top cooked burgers with cheese slices. Place back in oven for 1-2 minutes or until melted.
Hamburger buns toasted/steamed
If you prefer your bun be slightly crisp on the outside but warm and soft on the inside, try toasting the bun. Lightly spread butter on the inside of the bun. Lay face up on a cookie sheet and toast in the oven at 400 degrees for 1-2 minutes.
If you like a soft bun, place a cooked hamburger patty on a hamburger bun. Wrap the whole thing in foil and place on a cookie sheet. Bake for 2-3 minutes to "steam" the bun so it's nice and soft.
- Don't overmix the meat mixture. Too much mixing can make tough burgers.
- I have found this is a great way to make hamburgers for a burger bar for a crowd because you can cook several at one time. This recipe serves 4 but the ingredients can easily be doubled or tripled for a larger group.
- Want to spice this recipe up? Try adding a few drops of hot sauce, like Tabasco, or cayenne pepper in the meat mixture.
Calories: 413kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 81mg | Sodium: 914mg | Potassium: 406mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 7IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 102mg | Iron: 4mg