Sour Cream and Beef Noodle Bake
Easy sour cream and beef noodle bake.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 8 oz egg noodles
- 1 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 1/4 cup diced green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Brown beef in a skillet over medium heat. Once it's cooked, drain the excess grease.
Stir in tomato sauce, salt, ground pepper and garlic powder. Turn heat to low and let simmer for 5 minutes.
Cook egg noodles according to package. Drain water.
Stir sour cream, cottage cheese, green onions and black pepper in a bowl. Stir in cook noodles.
Spray casserole dish with non-stick spray. Add half noodle mixture to the bottom of casserole dish. Top with half of the meat mixture. Layer with half of the cheese. Layer again with noodle mixture, meat mixture and then shredded cheese.
Bake 25 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Beef - I typically use ground sirloin but you can substitute ground turkey or ground chicken. I have even made this substituting diced zucchini and mushrooms for the beef.
- Cheese - I like to use Colby/Monterey Jack blend but cheddar is also wonderful.
- Onion - If you don't like green onion, feel free to leave it out.
Calories: 366kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 89mg | Sodium: 448mg | Potassium: 291mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 292IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 161mg | Iron: 2mg