Porcupine Meatballs - Meatballs filled with rice and seasoning served in a tomato sauce.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time50 mins
Total Time1 hr
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 1 egg
- 2 tabelspoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 10.75 oz cans tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Add beef, rice, egg, milk, garlic powder, parsley, salt and pepper into a large bowl. Mix the ingredients together with your hands until combined.
Form the mixture into balls and place in a 9x13 casserole dish coated with non-stick cooking spray.
In a separate bowl, mix together sauce, water and Worcestershire sauce. Pour into the casserole dish with meatballs.
Cover the dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and take off foil. Bake another 25 minutes.
- Try not to over mix the beef mixture to avoid tough meatballs.
- These meatballs can be frozen. Before baking, place uncooked meatballs on a cookie sheet and place in the freezer until frozen through. Place the frozen meatballs in a freezer bag and store in freezer. To reheat, thaw and bake according to directions.
Calories: 266kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 80mg | Sodium: 509mg | Potassium: 286mg | Vitamin A: 0.8% | Vitamin C: 1.4% | Calcium: 3.2% | Iron: 11.8%