Turkey Quinoa Spinach Meatballs
Turkey quinoa and spinach meatballs are a flavorful, protein packed meal. Made with ground turkey, quinoa and spinach, they are great with pasta, spaghetti squash or as an appetizer.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time40 mins
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 egg, beaten
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Place a rack on baking sheet and coat with non-stick cooking spray. (You can also place directly on greased baking sheet or on foil.
In a large bowl, combine ground turkey, cooked quinoa, onion, seasoning, soy sauce, garlic and egg.
Mix until well combined. Form mixture into 1 inch balls and place on baking sheet.
Bake for 25 minutes or until cooked through.
- I love using my rice cooker to cook quinoa. 1 cup quinoa to 2 cups liquid. I usually use water or chicken broth for a little added flavor.
- Be careful not to over mix ingredients. This will result in tougher meatballs.
- Make sure to squeeze all of the extra liquid out of cooked frozen spinach.
Calories: 148kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 68mg | Sodium: 239mg | Potassium: 376mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1595IU | Vitamin C: 2.1mg | Calcium: 47mg | Iron: 1.8mg