Crockpot Chicken and Rice
Easy, cheesy crockpot meal.
- 1.5 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 10.5 oz can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 5 oz yellow rice, cooked
- 1.5 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
Pour chicken broth and cream of chicken soup into slow cooker. Add in the chicken.
Cover and cook for 3-4 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low. Once cooked, remove chicken and shred with a fork. Place chicken back in slow cooker.
Add cooked rice and cheese to the slow cooker and stir. Season with salt and pepper.
- Rice: For this recipe I decided to use yellow rice. I love the flavor it adds, especially with the cheese. You could also use cooked white or brown long grain rice. I make my rice using a rice cooker about 30 minutes before I am going to serve the dish.
- Veggies: Add in some veggies for added nutrients and color. When I make this dish I typically serve it with a salad or steamed broccoli. You could mix in chopped steamed broccoli into the dish, along with corn or cooked carrots. It is a good way to sneak in some vegetables.
- Cheese: It's no secret that I love cheese so for this recipe I use 1.5 cups. Feel free to cut back on the amount if you don't like your dishes super cheesy.
Calories: 245kcal | Protein: 31g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 102mg | Sodium: 451mg | Potassium: 478mg | Vitamin A: 315IU | Vitamin C: 4.1mg | Calcium: 212mg | Iron: 0.7mg