- 1 30 oz bag frozen shredded hash browns
- 1 8 oz cubed ham
- 2 green onions, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 8 eggs
- 2 12 oz cans evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups shredded cheese
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray 9 x 13 casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
Add shredded hash browns to the casserole dish. Spread out evenly.
Top with diced ham, bell pepper, green onion and cheese.
In a bowl, whisk together eggs, evaporated milk and spices. Pour over casserole.
Bake for 45-55 minutes or until eggs are set. Remove from oven and let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
- Let the frozen hash browns thaw for a few minutes to make it easier to break them apart and helps the casserole not be watery.
- Let the casserole sit for about 10 minutes before cutting into squares.
- Use different cheeses to change up the casserole. Some of my favorites are shredded Swiss, pepper jack for a little spice or mozzarella.
- Change it up by substituting cooked breakfast sausage for ham.
Calories: 153kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 185mg | Sodium: 386mg | Potassium: 121mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 925IU | Vitamin C: 19.6mg | Calcium: 168mg | Iron: 1mg