Hot Sausage Beer Cheese Dip
Hot Sausage Beer Cheese Dip makes a great appetizer!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 1 16 oz roll hot breakfast sausage
- 4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup beer (I use a local IPA but you can use what you have on hand.)
- 2 8 oz low fat cream cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup diced green onion
- chips , bread or vegetables for serving
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a skillet over medium heat, cook sausage until browned and no longer pink. While cooking, break the sausage up into crumbles.
Place 2 cups cheddar cheese, cream cheese, garlic powder and beer in a food processor or blender. Mix until well combined.
Pour the mixture into a large bowl and add cooked sausage and the remaining 2 cups of cheddar cheese. Mix until combined.
Place mixture into an oven safe dish and bake for 15-20 minutes.
Remove from oven, Sprinkle with diced green onion and serve with chips, bread or vegetables.
Calories: 317kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 79mg | Sodium: 472mg | Potassium: 93mg | Vitamin A: 15.9% | Vitamin C: 1% | Calcium: 54.6% | Iron: 3.2%