Wendy's Apple Pecan Salad
Copycat Wendy's apple pecan salad is full of crunch and flavor.
- 1 cup cooked, shredded or chopped chicken
- 2 cups romaine or green leaf lettuce or combined with mixed greens
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup chopped apples
- 1/4 cup Marzetti Simple Dressed Pomegranate Vinaigrette or homemade dressing
- 1/4 cup pomegranate juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- pinch of salt and pepper
Combine pomegranate juice, red wine vinegar, mustard, honey, extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper to a small bowl or jar. Whisk until combined.
Place lettuce on plate or in a bowl.
Top with cooked chicken, pecans, cranberries, blue cheese, and diced apples. Drizzle with homemade or bottled dressing.
- If you want to take the flavors up a notch, toast the chopped pecans for 2-3 minutes on the stove or in the oven.
- Substitute with a raspberry vinaigrette dressing or your favorite dressing.
- Want to add a bit of warm, salty flavor. Try adding some cooked, chopped bacon.
- Like things a little sweeter? Try substituting with candied pecans.
Calories: 1801kcal | Carbohydrates: 91g | Protein: 60g | Fat: 138g | Saturated Fat: 27g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 25g | Monounsaturated Fat: 79g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 195mg | Sodium: 888mg | Potassium: 1977mg | Fiber: 15g | Sugar: 65g | Vitamin A: 35713IU | Vitamin C: 96mg | Calcium: 439mg | Iron: 9mg