Eggs Benedict Casserole
Easy Overnight Eggs Benedict Casserole
- 1 12 oz package English muffins
- 7 eggs
- 1 6 oz package Canadian Bacon
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 pasteurized egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives, optional
Cut English muffins and Canadian bacon into small pieces. Spray 11x7 -in baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Combine the bacon and muffins and place in the baking dish.
In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, dry mustard, salt and pepper.
Pour over the muffin/bacon mixture. Cover the baking dish and place in refrigerator for at least 8 hours.
When ready to bake, preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Bake, covered with foil, for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake uncovered 30 more minutes.
Place egg yolks, water, lemon juice and salt in a blender. Blend until smooth.
Meld butter in a saucepan. Place the blender on high and slowly add hot butter through the small opening in blender lid. Blend until thickened.
Serve slice of casserole drizzled with Hollandaise sauce.
- Canadian Bacon or Ham? I love Canadian Bacon for this but Ham is a great alternative. It's the perfect dish for using leftover ham!
- Does it have to sit for 8 hours? I typically make this before bed and then bake in the morning or for lunch. If you are short on time, I would recommend letting it chill for at least 1 hour.
- Leftovers - If you have leftovers, store in the refrigerator and the reheat in the oven for 10 minutes.
Calories: 386kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 33g | Saturated Fat: 19g | Cholesterol: 276mg | Sodium: 867mg | Potassium: 309mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1151IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 153mg | Iron: 1mg