Southern fried corn
A delicious side dish made with corn and bacon.
- 3 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup diced sweet onion
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- bacon grease
- 3 strips bacon
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup cream or half and half (optional)
Cook the bacon in a skillet until it gets crispy.
Place the bacon strips on a paper towel lined plate and reserve the bacon grease in the pan.
Remove the corn kernels off the cob.
Add the peppers and onions in with the grease and cook for one minute on medium heat.
Add the corn to a hot skillet and stir.
Sprinkle in favorite Cajun seasoning.
Stir in butter, salt and pepper. Add a splash of cream if too dry.
Chop cooked bacon and top corn.
If using frozen corn, thaw before cooking.
How to remove corn kernels from the cob
- Start by remove the husk and cleaning off all of the corn silks.
- Cut of the end of one side of the corn, stand it up and with a sharp knife, cut close to the cob removing the kernels.
Calories: 624kcal | Carbohydrates: 52g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 45g | Saturated Fat: 23g | Cholesterol: 108mg | Sodium: 622mg | Potassium: 646mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 1661IU | Vitamin C: 22mg | Calcium: 38mg | Iron: 1mg