Easy ham salad is the perfect way to use up holiday ham.
- 2-3 cups diced ham
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 stalk celery, finely diced
- 1/3 cup chow-chow or pickle relish
- 1/4 cup finely diced sweet onion
- salt and pepper
Place pieces of ham into food processor.
Pulse to processor a few times until the ham is small and crumbly. Do not over pulse.
Pour ham in large bowl and mix in celery and onion. Drain chow-chow of any excess liquid and add into the bowl.
Add in mayonnaise and stir until combined. Season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Make sure not to over chop the ham. If you put pulse it too much in the food processor it will become mushy.
- Dice the onion and celery very small. This helps to keep everything about the same size.
- Drain the Chow Chow. Make sure to drain off excess liquid from the chow chow. Too much liquid will make the ham salad runny.
Calories: 517kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 44g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 54mg | Sodium: 1230mg | Potassium: 49mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 80IU | Vitamin C: 0.8mg | Calcium: 8mg | Iron: 1.1mg