Instant Pot Chicken Marsala
Creamy Instant Pot Chicken Marsala with mushrooms.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 3-4 chicken cutlets
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 oz cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup marsala wine
- juice of half a lemon
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- fresh chopped parsley for garnish
Place Instant Pot on Saute mode. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil and butter.
Season chicken with salt and pepper. Add 2 chicken cutlets to the Instant Pot. Cook on each side for 2-3 minutes. Remove from pot and place on a plate. Add last 2 cutlets and cook on each side for 2-3 minutes. Remove and place on plate.
Add remaining olive oil and add mushrooms and garlic to pot. Saute for 4-5 minutes.
Turn off Instant Pot. Add marsala wine and chicken stock and lemon juice.
Place chicken on top of mushrooms. Cover and pressure cook for 10 minutes. Make sure vent is closed.
Once cooked, let the vent natural release for 5-7 minutes then do a manual release of pressure.
Remove chicken from the pot. Whisk together corn starch and cold water. Add cream and corn starch slurry to the pot. Stir until sauce thickens.
Add chicken back in and serve.
- I like using olive oil and butter to start this dish. It gives the dish a rich flavor and golden color.
- Don't clean out the pot in between sauteing chicken and adding mushrooms. All those browned bits add to the flavor.
- I love using chicken cutlets for this meal. If you have regular chicken breasts, either carefully slice them in half or pound them to be thinner.
Calories: 449kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 137mg | Sodium: 320mg | Potassium: 545mg | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 650IU | Vitamin C: 3.8mg | Calcium: 26mg | Iron: 0.7mg