I thought since we are getting close to St. Patrick’s Day that we should eat “the rainbow”. If you like lettuce wraps then you will LOVE these cabbage wraps. The red cabbage provides a nice crunch and is a little more sturdy then lettuce. This means you can fill these babies up without worrying the cabbage will break. Jay has been traveling a lot and I have literally made these for myself 3 nights in a row. “Taste the Rainbow” as the little lucky charms guy would say.
More Healthy Recipes
Turkey Cabbage Wraps
- 1 head red cabbage
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons finely diced fresh peeled ginger
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced red pepper
- 1/2 cup diced yellow pepper
- 1/4 cup diced water chestnuts
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sriracha chili sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/4 cup diced green onion
- Wash and dry cabbage. Cut off the end of the cabbage and remove leaves to make "cups" to hold the filling.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, ginger, and onion. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add turkey, red pepper, and yellow pepper. Cook until the turkey is cooked through, about 8 minutes.
- Add water chestnuts, hoisin sauce, sriracha, soy sauce, and rice vinegar.
- Cook another 5 minutes and remove from heat.
- Add sesame oil and green onion. Stir to combine.
- Place a spoonful of the mixture in each cabbage cup to serve.