If it has the word Brie in it, you know it has to be good. When Jay and I lived in San Francisco, pre-kids, we were able to take a few trips to Napa Valley. There is a cute little store called Oakville Grocery, that serves the best sandwiches, salads, and any kind of great wine tasting picnic food you can think of. Almost every time we went, I would get the same thing…the Turkey and Brie Panini. I went on the website the other day to see if they added anything new to the menu and they don’t have the sandwich anymore! Well, I am bringing it back. So here ya go, a simple, sophisticated, sandwich.
Turkey and Brie Panini
- 8 pieces of sourdough bread slices
- 1 8oz Brie round
- 3/4 pound deli maple turkey
- Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- softened butter
- Preheat Panini maker, grill pan, or skillet.
- Trim and discard rind from Brie round and cut into slices about 1/4 inch thick.
- Spread softened butter on one side of each piece of bread.
- Spread Dijon mustard on the other side of bread.
- Place one piece of bread, butter side down, on Panini maker.
- Top with brie, turkey, and onions.
- Place another bread slice on top and press down, cooking until golden brown.