Tips for a quick and easy dinner that will satisfy the whole family and take the stress out of meal time.
Thank you to Farm Rich for sponsoring this post. All content and opinions are my own.
Back to school means things get a little busier in our house. We have after school activities throughout the week like soccer, piano and dance. By the time we get home the kids are starving and I just want to make something simple for dinner. These tips for a quick and easy dinner will help you through the chaos of everyday life and have a wholesome, feel-good dinner everyone will enjoy!
APPETIZERS FOR DINNER
I love serving appetizers for dinner (also known as a “snack dinner”). My family goes crazy for anything you can easily pick up and eat. No utensils required! Appetizers and snacks also allow you to serve an assortment of options so everyone can choose what they want.
Farm Rich is my go-to brand for these kind of nights with their wide variety of appetizer and snack foods that are made with wholesome ingredients and can be prepared in just minutes. A few of our favorites that are perfect for an after-school snack or dinner are:
- Mozzarella Sticks– Made with 100% real mozzarella cheese! These always are the first to go.
- Loaded Potato Skins – These tasty Idaho potato skins are made with 100% real cheddar cheese and bacon and can be made in just a few minutes in the microwave.
- Meatballs – Farm Rich has a variety of meatballs. I typically use the Homestyle so my kids can dip them in whatever sauce they like (microwavable too!).
- Crispy Dill Pickles – So good! My kids love these lightly breaded pickles.
- Fiesta Chicken Roll-Ups – Love these flavorful roll-ups. Made with white meat chicken and 100% real cheese. These also come with their own Baja dipping sauce.
- Jalapeño Peppers – These mild peppers are stuffed with 100% real cream cheese.
MEAL PLAN/MAKE AHEAD
I think meal planning is key to having a smooth week of easy to make dinners. It takes the stress level down when you know what you are making or already have something in the fridge or freezer ready to eat. Here’s what I have at the ready…
- Keep your freezer stocked. I like keeping a variety of Farm Rich products on hand in the freezer. They are very versatile and can be used in many different recipes, in snack dinners or as a side.
- Sauces – When I plan on having an appetizer dinner I will make a few sauces ahead of time. Keep them in the refrigerator until you are ready to eat. A few of our go-to sauces are an easy honey mustard, ranch, salsa or marinara.
- Fruits and Veggies – Keep a variety of already cut up veggies and fruit.
KEEP INGREDIENTS AND COOK TIME TO A MINIMUM
Keep it simple! Don’t fuss with too many ingredients when it comes to busy weeknight meals.
That is another reason I reach for Farm Rich products for easy dinner ideas. Their products are made with wholesome ingredients and then quick-frozen. All you have to do is take them out of the freezer, cook and they are done in minutes! Can’t get easier than that.
Enjoy spending time around the table with your family on busy nights instead of being in the kitchen. You can pick up your favorite Farm Rich products in the freezer section at grocery stores across the country. I found my Farm Rich products at my local Walmart.
For more delicious dinner inspiration, coupons and product updates, sign up for the Farm Rich Email Club.