Slow cooker BBQ tacos are simple and full of flavor. Topped with an apple slaw and served in Mission® Super Soft Flour Tortillas, these tacos are perfect for dinner or watching the game.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Mission®. The opinions and text are all mine.
I have said it before and I will say it again, fall and football season is my favorite time of year! The crisp fall air, my favorite cozy team sweatshirt, friends, football and food! My husband and I went to the same college so we are super invested in our college football team. Even our kids like to watch!
During football season we love to have friends over to watch the game. Everyone will bring something to snack on and we usually make the main dish. One of my game day tips is making something in the slow cooker. You can’t get easier then adding your ingredients to the slow cooker in the morning and by game time it’s ready to eat. It’s nice because it stays warm throughout the game so everyone can eat when they are ready. Simple and easy!
These slow cooker BBQ tacos are a fan favorite at our house. Made with pork loin cooked in BBQ sauce, topped with fresh, homemade apple slaw and wrapped in Mission® Super Soft Flour Tortillas. The BBQ sauce is full of flavor and paired with a crunchy slaw made with apples, cabbage and carrots, it’s a winner every time.
Mission Super Soft Flour Tortillas are so soft, you’ll want more. The tortillas are the perfect foundation for my recipe. It’s also easy to use for any other recipes that you have in mind!
How to Make Slow Cooker BBQ Tacos
Depending on the start time of the game, I try to get my pork into the slow cooker about 6 hours before game time.
- Place the pork in the slow cooker and season with salt and pepper.
- Combine your favorite BBQ sauce, dry mustard and brown sugar and pour over the pork.
- Sit back and let it cook. This gives you time to straighten up before your guests come over and of course put on your team shirt.
- Once the BBQ is finished cooking, use a fork to shred.
You can also make the slaw ahead of time. Stir all of the dressing ingredients in a bowl and then pour over cabbage mix and sliced apple. Stick it in the refrigerator until it’s time to eat.
Once everyone is ready to make their tacos, lay out a stack of Mission Super Soft Flour Tortillas. I like to wrap mine in foil and warm them up in the oven for a few minutes before serving. I love that these tortillas are soft yet strong and can hold everything I pile into them.
Luckily, Mission Super Soft Tortillas are available nationwide! You can find them at your local grocery store in the bread or tortilla aisle. Visit Mission Super Soft Tortilla and use the store locator! There are plenty of recipes there too for you to try.
Now fill up your tortillas with BBQ and slaw and you are ready to watch them game!
What will you be cooking up this football season? Enjoy!
Slow Cooker BBQ Tacos
- 1 pack (10 ct) Mission® Super Soft Flour Tortillas
- 2 lb boneless pork loin
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 16oz your favorite BBQ sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 16 oz bag shredded coleslaw mix
- 1 thinly sliced/chopped apple
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a medium bowl, stir together BBQ sauce, ground mustard and brown sugar.
- Place pork loin in the slow cooker. Season with salt and pepper. Pour sauce over pork and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6-8 hours.
- While BBQ is cooking, stir together slaw mix and apples. Mix together Greek yogurt, vinegar, oil, celery seed, sugar, salt and pepper in a bowl. Pour over slaw and combine until covered.
- Shred pork once finished cooking. Serve in tortillas (best when warmed) and top with slaw.