Shrimp and arugula pasta makes a delicious, fresh, weeknight meal. Shrimp lightly coated with panko, fresh arugula, tomatoes and fettuccine is a winner!
The husbands are gone for a few days so my sister and I thought we would get together and make some dinner. I am still using her kitchen until we move next week. So excited! You don’t need much for this dish, in fact you might already have most of the ingredients on hand.
The shrimp are just lightly coated in panko bread crumbs so it doesn’t feel heavy like fried shrimp. The little bit of butter gives it a richness.
More Easy Seafood Recipes
Shrimp and arugula pasta
- 1 package of fettuccine pasta
- 1/2 pound uncooked peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon garlic pepper
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 small shallot minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- juice of lemon
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt and pepper
- Cook and drain fettuccini pasta according to package.
- Place panko bread crumbs in a bowl.
- Season shrimp with garlic pepper and then toss the shrimp in panko crumbs to lightly coat.
- In a skillet over medium heat add butter and 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add shrimp to skillet and cook until pink, about 4 minutes on each side.
- Add cooked pasta to large serving bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix in arugula, tomatoes, shallot, and 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Squeeze with lemon juice and top with shrimp.