Easy candy covered rice krispies treat ghost and Free Boo Basket Printable are the star of this Halloween Boo Basket.
You’ve Been Booed!
Halloween is such a fun time of year. My kids get so excited about picking out their costumes and decorating the house with jack-o-lanterns, spiders and ghosts. We are still kind of new to our small neighborhood and I thought this year would be fun to start a tradition with the kids and BOO some of our neighbors.
The first time I heard about Booing was a few years ago when we lived in Connecticut. I had a knock on my door one afternoon and on my doorstep was a cute Halloween basket filled with goodies and instructions to pass on the surprise to two more neighbors.
This year I enlisted the kids to help me pick out a few treats for our baskets and make these cute ghost rice krispies treats to go in them. I also made this fun BOOED INSTRUCTIONS and BOOED SIGN to include in the baskets.
The treats are simple to assemble. The kids cut out the ghost shape with the cookie cutter and then I spread some melted candy melts on top of the treats. The kids finished them off by placing candy eyes on the ghosts head. (You may also notice in the pictures some stray sprinkles. Major decided he wanted sprinkles all over his ghosts.)
We had so much fun going to our neighbors, leaving the baskets, ringing the doorbell and RUNNING! We laughed all the way home. It has also been great seeing all of the WE’VE BEEN BOOED signs popping up in our neighbors windows. What kind of Halloween or fall traditions does your family enjoy?
Helpful Tools To Make This Recipe
Rice Krispy Treat Ghost and Free Boo Basket Printable
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 bag mini marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- 1 bag white candy melts or almond bark
- Candy eyes/sprinkles
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat.
- Add marshmallows and stir until melted.
- Remove from heat and add Rice Krispies Cereal
- Cover 9x13 pan with wax paper and lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spread mixture over pan and push down with spatula or hands.
- **Tip: I spray my hands with cooking spray to press mixture into pan.
- Use ghost cookie cutter to cut out Rice Krispies treats
- Place chocolate in bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. Keep heating in 30 second intervals until chocolate is melted.
- Spread chocolate over Rice Krispies ghosts and add candy eyes and sprinkles if desired.
* Post may contain affiliate links… meaning if you click on the link and make a purchase, I’ll get a very small percentage in commission. There’s never any extra cost to you, and I only link to products I love. Your support of FLF is appreciated! *