Heyoooo, it’s getting close to the weekend! I am so excited because my mom is coming to town tomorrow and we are going to whip up a few of her famous recipes to share on the blog.
This is a great pasta salad for lunch or dinner. I personally like to eat it cold, however you can serve it at room temperature. The fresh herbs in the dressing really make this salad stand out. Feel free to use any pasta shape you like, but the orecchiette, I think, are the perfect size.
Below is a picture of the microplane I use at least once a day. It is awesome for things like the grated lemon rind this recipe calls for and also, instead of mincing garlic, I use this little contraption. This is a Rachel Ray tip I picked up long ago and still use it all of the time.
Orecchiette with Shrimp and herb dressing
- 8 oz orecchiette pasta
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 pound medium shrimp peeled, deveined, and cut in half
- 1 cup thinly sliced cucumbers cut in half
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove minced
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and oil.
- Add shrimp and peas during last 2 minutes of cooking.
- Drain and rinse, pasta, shrimp, and peas with cold water, drain.
- Combine pasta mixture with cucumbers and tomatoes in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl combine mayonnaise and remaining ingredients.
- Mix well and pour over pasta mixture.
- Serve at room temperature or cover and chill to serve cold.