I’m back! We are officially moved into our new house and I am officially posting my first recipe from the new kitchen. If I can get all of the boxes off of my countertops, I will post kitchen photos, Yay! So Cinco De Mayo is just around the corner, one of my favorite food holidays. I am a sucker for nachos and all of their cheesy glory. I thought a nice twist would be to use these mini bell peppers instead of tortilla chips. They are so nice and crunchy and give the nachos a little sweetness. You will not miss the chips.
Mini Pepper Chicken and Bean Nachos
- 1 cup cooked shredded chicken
- 1 cup canned black beans rinsed
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup Monterey Jack/ Cheddar cheese
- 1 bag mini bell peppers cut in half and seeded
- sour cream green onion, guacamole, jalapeno peppers for garnish
- In a small saucepan add shredded chicken, beans, water and seasoning mix. Heat until warm, about 5 minutes.
- Place pepper halves on sheet pan.
- Add chicken mixture to peppers and top with cheese.
- Place in oven and broil until cheese melts, about 3-5 minutes.
- Top with garnishes.