My first run in with these flavorful turkey burgers was at a friends house. She told me about how she saw them on Oprah and decided to give them a try. Ahhh, Oprah, I miss her show. Anyway, I started making them for my family and they began requesting these to be added to our weekly menu. My son thinks it is so cool that he has apple inside of his burger. The original recipe calls to make a pear chutney to top the burgers but I have found that a little extra Major Grey’s chutney on top does the trick.
I love these little burgers so much, that I actually requested my mom make, and bring me some while I was stuck in the hospital after my son’s birth. She made them into little sliders so I could eat more than one and not feel like a pig. Thanks Mom!
Mar a lago Turkey Burger
- 1/4 cup diced green onions
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1 cup peeled and diced granny smith apples
- 1/8 cup canola oil
- 1-2 pounds of ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 tsp of Tabasco
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1/2 bunch parsley chopped
- 1/4 cup Major Grey's Chutney
- Sautee onion, celery, and apple in oil until softened, about 4 minutes.
- Place turkey in a bowl and add sautéed ingredients. Add salt, pepper, lemon juice, parsley, and chutney.
- Mix and shape into burgers. Place in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.