I was trying to think of something that would be good to serve with some blackened fish that I want to make next week and came across this recipe in The Dean Bros. Cookbook. Can you tell I am still dreaming about being on vacation on a tropical island? I love the slight sweetness the mango gives the rice and the addition of coconut milk is just darn yum.
Ahh, the mango, such a beautiful fruit. But how do you cube it up? Let me show you.
First, cut the ends off of the mango and then place one of the cut ends on your cutting board.
With a sharp knife, start slicing the skin off the mango.
Next start cutting the mango from around the center of the fruit and then cut in cubes.
Mango Coconut Rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups long grain rice
- 1 14- oz can unsweetened coconut milk
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large ripe mango peeled and cubed
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the rice and stir to coat with oil.
- Add the coconut milk, water, and salt, bring to a boil.
- Stir in the mango, cover, reduce heat to low and sinner about 20 minutes.
- Remove rice from heat and stir before serving.