Still snowing here in New England. Feels like it has been snowing here for the last month…oh wait it has been! Last night was Super Bowl Sunday and surprise, I ate too much. So today I thought it would be good to get back to basics and introduce some greens into my life.
One of my great friends here in CT is so generous and has me and a few girls over for breakfast every month. Last time we were there, she made this delicious saute and served it with some eggs and let me tell you, I almost licked my plate. This saute was great with the eggs and would also work well as a side for just about anything.
This recipe calls for diced butternut squash but you can also use sweet potatoes if you have them around.
Kale, Butternut Squash, and Goat Cheese Saute
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Approximately 3 cups diced butternut squash half inch cubes
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 tablespoons squeezed lemon juice
- 4 cups kale
- 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- In a skillet add extra-virgin olive oil on medium heat.
- Add squash and onion, stir until slightly brown. (Around 10 minutes)
- Add kale and stir until it is slightly wilted. (Around 5 minutes)
- Add lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with goat cheese.