My husband and I were lucky enough to travel to Maui before we had kids. Our hotel was beside a cute outdoor shopping area. One afternoon we were walking around shopping and ran into a wrap stand. They had all kinds of different wraps but the Greek one really sounded good. I was right, it was delicious. So today as I sit here in the middle of March with about 2 feet of snow still on the ground, I am dreaming of being in Maui with the sun shining on me and my Greek Wrap.
I love using mason jars to mix up salad dressings because you can just put the lid on and shake, shake, shake. Plus they are pretty and remind me of home.
Greek Chicken Wraps
- 4 thin cut chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons of Greek seasoning or Grill seasoning
- 1 head of green leaf lettuce chopped
- 1 English cucumber chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 5 peperoncinis chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese.
- 4 extra large flour tortillas
- Greek Dressing
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1.5 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1.5 teaspoons onion powder
- 1.5 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Sprinkle Greek or Grill Seasoning on the 4 chicken breasts, both front and back.
- Spray grill pan and cook chicken until done, about 6 minutes on each side.
- While chicken is cooking, chop lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, red onion, and peperoncinis.
- Place in a bowl and add the feta cheese. Mix.
- For the dressing:
- Mix above dressing ingredients in a bowl or mason jar.
- Pour about 1/4 cup of dressing on the vegetable mix.
- Once chicken has finished cooking, slice and add to tortillas.
- Place about 1 cup of the vegetable mixture on top of chicken and wrap up tortilla.