A little bit of salt, a little bit of sweet, and a whole lot of crunch! This is the perfect salad to bring to a BBQ. It has been feeling like summer here this past week and I am lovin it! We have been grilling out almost every night. Jay is the grill master of the family and I hope to have him contribute some of his delicious recipes soon.
School is out next week. I can’t believe my daughter will be graduating from Kindergarten. The time is flying! I feel like she was just a little baby and now she is headed for first grade.
Ok, going back to this salad, all of the kids actually enjoy it, which is a miracle. I have to leave the nuts out when I make it for Major but he doesn’t miss them. The noodles still give it a nice crunch.
Crunchy Romaine Salad
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 package Ramen noodles uncooked and broken
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 1 bunch broccoli chopped
- 1 large head of romaine lettuce chopped
- 4 green onions chopped
- 3/4 cup sweet and sour dressing
- Sweet and Sour Dressing
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 and 1/2 tsp. soy sauce
- In a sauce pan, melt butter. Add walnuts and Ramen noodles. Cook 5 minutes or until slightly brown.
- Cool on paper towel.
- In a large bowl add broccoli, romaine, onions, noodles, and walnuts.
- To make the dressing, combine vegetable oil, sugar, vinegar, and soy sauce in a sauce pan. Bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute. Remove from stove and let cool.
- Pour dressing over salad just before serving.