Gobble gobble, Thanksgiving is right around the corner. I still need to make my grocery store run and clean the house. Ugg cleaning the house is not at the top of my fun list. What is fun and delicious are these cranberry cream cheese pinwheels topped off with crushed pistachios. They are a little sweet, a little tart, all wrapped up in a flakey pastry dough crust.
Cranberry and cream cheese Pinwheels
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 3/4 cup canned whole berry cranberry sauce
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup crushed pistachios optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unroll the pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface.
- Spread the cranberry sauce on the pastry.
- Place small pieces of cream cheese on top of cranberries.
- Starting at one of the long ends, roll the pastry up tight. .
- Place roll on parchment paper lined baking sheet and put in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Once cooled, brush melted butter over pastry crust. Sprinkle with sugar.
- With a serrated knife, cut 1/2 inch circles.
- Lay the circles on parchment paper lined baking sheet and sprinkle with a little more sugar.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with pistachios sprinkled on top.