For this recipe, you will place your chicken breast between two pieces of plastic wrap and pound it out around 1/4-inch thickness. I could not find my fancy meat pounder so I used my rolling pin.
Make sure to salt and pepper both sides of your chicken when you are done flattening. In a small bowl, mix together the Craisins®, goat cheese, and chopped pecans.
Take 2-3 tablespoons of the mixture and spread it over top of the chicken.
Next, you will start at one end of your chicken and roll it up like a jelly roll and place seam side down. Place the flour, eggs, and panko in separate bowls. Season flour with salt and pepper and the panko with garlic powder and butter. The butter helps the panko crumbs to brown while baking. Dip the chicken in flour, egg, and finally panko crumbs and place in the baking dish.
After the chicken bakes it is crunchy on the outside and creamy on the inside. A great weeknight meal for your family. Next time you are at the store, pick up a bag of Craisins® Dried Cranberries and give this delicious meal a try.
More Chicken Recipes
Craisins®, Goat Cheese, and Pecan stuffed Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts
- 8 oz softened goat cheese
- 1/3 cup Craisins®
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 tsp melted butter
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepepr
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, mix Craisins®, goat cheese, and pecans.
- Place each chicken breast between 2 pieces of plastic wrap. Using a meat mallet or rolling pin, gently pound the chicken to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Take off the top plastic wrap and season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper.
- Spread 2-3 tablespoons of cheese mixture over chicken.
- Starting at one end of the chicken, roll up tight like a jellyroll. Repeat with other chicken.
- Place the flour, panko, and eggs in separate bowls. Season the flour with salt and pepper.
- Mix in the melted butter and garlic powder with the panko bread crumbs.
- Coat each chicken with the flour, then dip in the eggs and finally coat with the panko crumbs.
- Coat a baking dish with cooking spray and place the chickens in the dish, seam side down.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until browned and cooked through.