What is better than a cupcake?….um a cupcake topped with a cookie truffle! You will definitely get your cookie fix with this recipe. Crushed up cookies in the cupcake, topped with buttercream frosting, and then topped with a truffle filled with crushed up cookies. I present to you, the cookie truffle cupcake. You are welcome 🙂
For these sweet little cupcake cookie truffles, I used Bud’s Best cookies. They are yummy little sandwich cookies that work great with this recipe.
Once you mix up the crushed cookies and cream cheese, place them on a cookie sheet and put in the freezer so they firm up. This makes them stay together when you dip them in the hot chocolate candy melts.
While the truffles are in the freezer, make your cupcakes and frosting. I picked out some red/pink/and white sprinkles for these but go crazy and pick what you like.
For these you don’t need any fancy frosting tips, just use a knife and cover the top of the cupcake. Put your sprinkles in a small bowl and dip the frosting in the bowl to cover with sprinkles.
After you cover the truffles with chocolate and let firm, top off the cupcakes. I think these are so cute, delicious, and fun.
You will have extra cookie truffles with this recipe. Keep them in the fridge for a little treat or they are great as a gift.
Cookie Truffle Cupcakes
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- eggs oil, and water indicated on the box
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 cup crushed sandwich cookies I used Bud's Best Cookies
- 2 sticks softened butter
- 8 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup milk
- pinch of salt
- Cookie Truffle:
- 1 8 oz block cream cheese
- 2 6 oz bags sandwich cookies crushed (I used Buds Best Cookies)
- 1 package of chocolate candy melts
- For the cupcakes: Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, sift cake mix.
- Add ingredients on box (eggs, water, oil).
- Add mayonnaise and vanilla and 1 cup crushed cookies.
- Mix in an electric mixer for 2 minutes.
- Prepare muffin tin with cupcake liners. Fill liners 3/4 full with the mixture.
- Bake for approximately 12-15 minutes.
- For buttercream: Mix the softened butter until smooth in an electric mixer.
- Add 4 cups of the powdered sugar and milk.
- Mix at medium speed for 3-4 minutes. Add remaining sugar and vanilla extract.
- Mix for 4-5 minutes.
- Cookie Truffles:
- Finely crush cookies. You can put them in food processor or blender. You can even place in a plastic bag and crush with rolling pin.
- Mix cream cheese and crushed cookies until completely combined.
- Line a cookie sheet with wax paper or parchment paper.
- Roll the mixture into about 40 balls and place on cookie sheet.
- Put cookie balls in freezer for about 20 minutes or until firm.
- Melt the chocolate in microwave in 30 second increments.
- Place cookie balls in the chocolate and remove with a fork. Place back on cookie sheet to harden.
- Place in refrigerator to let chocolate completely firm.
- Frost the cupcakes with buttercream using a knife. Dip frosting covered cupcake in bowl full of sprinkles.
- Place truffle on top of cupcake.