Satisfying and full of flavor, this Chicken Curry Salad is perfect for a picnic, potluck, or for a delicious meal at home.
Big things happening here in the Seeley household. We are preparing to move back to the Atlanta area soon. Going to miss all of our great friends we have made here in New England but will not miss the snow. It seems like just yesterday we were in Atlanta and got the news that we would be moving to Connecticut. I love how life is full of surprises.
A few weekends ago, Jay brought home some curry chicken salad from the grocery store. It reminded me that my grandmother had given my sister and I a recipe for chicken curry salad with rice that she used to make. I can’t believe I had totally forgotten about the recipe so I decided to dust it off this week and make it for Jay to compare. Obviously this chicken curry won the taste test! Enjoy!
Chicken curry salad with brown rice
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 4 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 and 1/2 cups cooked chicken diced small
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup diced grapes
- 1/4 cup green pepper
- 3/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or almonds - optional
- 1 1/2 cups cooked brown rice
- Mix together olive oil, lemon juice, salt, curry powder, black pepper.
- Pour mixture over cooked rice and let stand overnight.
- Mix chicken, celery, green pepper, mayo, nuts, and grapes.