Cherry Quinoa Salad is full of sweet cherries, baby spinach, almonds and blue cheese. Topped by a delicious and light honey dressing.
The cherries are here, the cherries are here!!! Yay, it is cherry season and I am pumped. I love cherries so much, one year for Christmas my mom gave me one of those cherry pitter contraptions for a present. My husband will find me sometimes at night standing at the island hovered over a bag full of cherries, the pitter contraption, and my fingers stained red. They are the perfect little sweet snack and make a great addition to many meals.
This salad has my heart all a flutter, how could it not being:
- filled with cherries
- quick, easy and healthy
- and OMG delicious.
I am a big fan of quinoa too, easy to cook and protein packed. It just kinda blends into whatever you add it to like my quinoa breakfast cups and turkey spinach quinoa meatballs. So of course to me this cherry quinoa salad is close to perfection having two of my fave ingredients.
The dressing is simple and light. A little extra virgin olive oil, honey, and apple cider vinegar adds a nice coating to the salad.
I really enjoy the blue cheese for this recipe but goat cheese is also wonderful. Another option is to add some grilled chicken on top. Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do. Enjoy!
More Yummy Salads
Cherry Quinoa Salad
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup chopped fresh baby spinach
- 3/4 cup fresh sweet cherries pitted and halved
- 2 oz 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese (or crumbled goat cheese if you prefer)
- 1/2 cup chopped English cucumber
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- In a small bowl, mix together evoo, apple cider vinegar, honey, salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl combine quinoa, spinach, cherries, cucumbers, almonds and blue cheese.
- Stir dressing into quinoa mixture and serve.