OK, let me first say that the pictures do not do this meal justice. I made this up the other night because my husband called and said he was starving and did not eat anything all day. So I looked around at what we had and came up with this satisfying weeknight meal. It took me less than 30 minutes from start to finish and in the end I think my man was full 🙂
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 tsp Montreal steak seasoning
- 1/2 cup finely diced onion
- 1 cup chopped cremini mushrooms
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 package 19 oz cheese tortellini (Frozen or refrigerated)
- 1 cup Monterey jack/cheddar cheese blend
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onions over medium heat until beef no longer pink.
- Stir and break into crumbs. Drain excess liquid once beef is cooked.
- Stir in steak seasoning and mushrooms.
- Add beef broth and bring to a boil.
- Stir in tortellini, return to a boil.
- Reduce heat, simmer, and cover for 4 minutes until tortellini are tender.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with cheese.