OK, let me first say that the pictures do not do this meal justice. I made this up the other night because my husband called and said he was starving and did not eat anything all day. So I looked around at what we had and came up with this satisfying weeknight meal. It took me less than 30 minutes from start to finish and in the end I think my man was full 🙂
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 tsp Montreal steak seasoning
- 1/2 cup finely diced onion
- 1 cup chopped cremini mushrooms
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 package 19 oz cheese tortellini (Frozen or refrigerated)
- 1 cup Monterey jack/cheddar cheese blend
In a large skillet, cook beef and onions over medium heat until beef no longer pink.
Stir and break into crumbs. Drain excess liquid once beef is cooked.
Stir in steak seasoning and mushrooms.
Add beef broth and bring to a boil.
Stir in tortellini, return to a boil.
Reduce heat, simmer, and cover for 4 minutes until tortellini are tender.
Remove from heat and sprinkle with cheese.