Challah Bread French Toast with whipped honey blueberry butter is a breakfast no one will forget.
Ok, I know that title is a mouth full but I wanted to include all of the yummy ingredients in this awesome breakfast.
Growing up, one of my Dad and Step-Mom, Sharon’s, specialties was French toast. My sister and I would always request it for Saturday morning breakfast. Sharon liked to use Challah bread and add a little orange juice which always made the French toast feel extra special.
I came across this recipe from yourhomebasedmom for blueberry honey butter. I thought it would be the perfect match for some French toast. What can I say…I am from the south, I love butter.
More Breakfast Recipes
Challah Bread French Toast with whipped honey blueberry butter
- Blueberry Honey Butter
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- French Toast
- 1/2 loaf of sliced day old challah bread you can also use French bread
- 1 cup Half-and-half or milk
- 4 eggs beaten
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Syrup for serving
- Powdered Sugar for serving
- Blueberry Butter
- Mix butter, vanilla, honey for 10 minutes until whipped.
- Mix in blueberries for 2 minutes
- French Toast
- Cut bread into slices 1/2 inch thick. Mix together eggs, half-and-half, orange juice, and vanilla in a dish.
- Dip bread in mixture until both sides are coated.
- Remove and put on separate dish.
- Heat skillet or griddle over medium heat.
- Coat skillet with butter, or vegetable spray.
- Cook toast on both sides until brown.
- Place on dish and sprinkle powdered sugar.
- Top with butter and syrup.