Better than sex cake is an oldy but a goody recipe. This chocolate cake recipe is a classic at potlucks and gatherings and one my friends always request.
Does this chocolate cake recipe live up to it’s name?? You will have to be the judge but I will say it is really darn good. Better than sex cake is a classic that usually shows up at family gatherings and pot lucks because it is so easy to make and everyone LOVES it. You only need a few simple ingredients to make this rich, decadent chocolate cake.
How to make better than sex cake:
- Start with a boxed chocolate cake mix. I used Devils Food for this one. Bake the cake according to the box in a 9×13 pan.
- In a bowl, stir together a can of sweetened condensed milk and a jar of caramel ice cream topping.
- Once the cake has baked, let it cool for about 5 minutes. With a wooden spoon, poke holes in the cake.
- Pour the caramel mixture all over the cake making sure it get down in the holes. (So good!)
- Place the cake in the refrigerator for approximately one hour to cool off. (That way the whipped topping doesn’t melt when you spread it on the cake. ) Spread the whipped topping over the cake and then cover with toffee bits.
This cake can also be made with a yellow cake mix but there is something about the chocolate that really makes this dessert special.
What is a poke cake?
Just like it sounds, once the cake has finished baking you poke holes in the cake. The holes are then filled with things like sweetened condensed milk, pudding, creams, or even fruit. This makes the cake extra moist and full of flavor.
More Chocolate Cake Recipes:
- Chocolate Cherry Cake
- Hot Chocolate Poke Cake
- Chocolate Angel Food Cake and Raspberry Trifle
- Pound Cake Tiramisu
Better Than Sex Cake
Better Than Sex Cake Recipe
- 1 box Devils Food Cake mix + (eggs, oil, water called to prepare cake) Or chocolate, yellow cake mix
- 1 14 oz Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 12 oz Jar Caramel Ice Cream Topping
- 1 8 oz Frozen Whipped Topping, thawed I use Cool Whip
- 3/4 cup Heath Toffee Bits
Prepare and bake the cake according to the box instructions.
In a small bowl mix together sweetened condensed milk and caramel sauce.
Once cake is done baking. Remove and let sit for about 5 minutes. Poke holes in the top of the cake with a wooden spoon, of fork.
Pour the caramel mixture over the cake. Be sure to get the mixture in the holes. Let the cake cool and then put in the refrigerator for an hour.
Spread whipped topping over the cake and then cover with toffee bits. Store in the refrigerator.