I can’t believe September is close to being over. Didn’t it just start? This year is flying by so fast. I feel like I have said this every month but it is true. September just screams make something with apples to me. This apple cake is one of my favorites, again courtesy of my mom. There is something about the apples and butterscotch together that is just darn good. I used some pink lady apples that I had on hand. Pink ladies hold up well when baked. Granny smith, Fuji, honey crisp, and any other apple that will hold there shape will work.
I might add that these would be sooooo good right out of the oven with a scoop of vanilla ice cream right on top. Yum!
Apple Butterscotch Cake
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 and 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cup chopped apples skin off
- 3/4 cup butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix oil, eggs, and sugar.
- Sift flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and baking powder together in medium bowl.
- Mix dry ingredients in with eggs mixture.
- Stir in apples and 1/3 cup butterscotch chips.
- Spread in a greased 9x13 brownie pan.
- Sprinkle with remaining butterscotch chips.
- Bake for 45 or until toothpick is clean when inserted in middle of cake.