Golden mashed potatoes are all dressed up with ranch seasonings, cheese and bacon. Can I get a woohoo?!
Mashed potatoes, I heart you. Creamy, salty, buttery, what’s not to love? Today I am sharing this simple way to make your everyday mashed potatoes even BETTER if that’s possible.
Adding a few spices, bacon and cheese take these loaded ranch potatoes to a whole new deliciously amazing level. Instead of using a ranch mix pack, I added a few ranch spices that I already have in my spice cabinet including: salt, black pepper, dried dill, dried parsley, dried basil, garlic powder and minced onion.
Little gold potatoes are my potato of choice for this yummy side dish. You can easily substitute any potatoes you prefer like red potatoes or russet. The gold potatoes have a soft, thin skin so I left them on to add a little texture to the mash.
If you can boil water you can make these loaded ranch mashed potatoes. They are really easy and fast to put together.
- Start by cutting the potatoes in small chunks. Place them in a large pot. Cover the potatoes with water and boil for 20 minutes or until fork tender.
- Drain off the water and put potatoes in a large bowl. Add all of the ingredients and mash away. I prefer my mashed potatoes on the chunkier side but mash them (or mix them) however you like.
- Top the potatoes with a little extra bacon and green onion and serve.
I love me some mashed potatoes and these are some of the best! They would be a great addition for any occasion. Everyone will be asking what secret ingredients you added to make them SO good. Get your spoon/fork ready, you won’t be able to stop eating these creamy, fluffy, tasty potatoes.
Loaded Ranch Mashed Potatoes
- 1/2 cup sour cream I used light sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 pounds cubed small gold potatoes you can substitute red potatoes
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoons dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup cooked crumbled bacon
Place potatoes in large pot or Dutch oven. Cover potatoes with water.
Bring water to a boil and then reduce heat to medium.
Boil potatoes for 20 minutes or until tender. Drain off water.
Put potatoes in large bowl and add sour cream, butter, milk, salt, pepper, basil, parsley, dill, garlic powder, dried minced onion, cheese and bacon.
Mash with potato masher until desired consistency.