Baked honey garlic turmeric chicken packs a lot of flavor into crispy chicken bites. Great by themselves or served with rice, noodles or vegetables.
Happy 2017!! Hope you all did something fun for New Year’s Eve! We ended up staying at home and watching football bowl games in front of the fire. A nice quiet way to wrap of 2016. It really has been such a great year and I can’t wait to see what is in store for 2017.
Soooo now that it is officially January, I would like to focus more on what my family and I are eating and include more “healthy” options. The kids love chicken, especially chicken nuggets! I love baking my chicken nuggets to cut out on extra grease. These honey garlic turmeric chicken nuggets are breaded with Panko bread crumbs and baked till golden brown. They are tossed with a flavorful sauce that includes the spice of the year, turmeric.
Turmeric is a yellowish green spice and is traditionally found in Indian and Asian dishes. It is one of the strongest anti-inflammatory plants found in nature and is also a great antioxidant. Turmeric is one of the healthiest ways to add color and delicious flavor to your meal. It is closely related to ginger so it’s flavor fits in nicely with this honey garlic sauce.
Start by seasoning chicken with a little salt and pepper and then place in beaten eggs. Make sure to completely coat the chicken. Next roll the chicken in Panko bread crumbs, again making sure the chicken is completely coated with crumbs.
Place the chicken on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 15 minutes. Take out of the oven, flip over the chicken and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
While the chicken is baking, mix together remaining ingredients in a small saucepan and cook over medium heat. Once the chicken is done in the oven, remove and toss in the honey garlic turmeric sauce. I garnish mine with sliced green onion and usually serve with brown rice.
Cheers to a great 2017! May it bring health and happiness!
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 cups Panko bread crumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ⅓ cup honey
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- salt and pepper
- green onion for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place parchment paper on baking sheet.
- Place Panko bread crumbs in a shallow bowl and season with ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Place chicken pieces in the beaten eggs and then in the bread crumbs.
- Toss until full coated with bread crumbs and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes and then remove from oven, flip chicken pieces and bake 10 additional minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients in a small sauce pan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook for 3-4 more minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Pour sauce over baked chicken making sure to coat each piece.
Keep up to date with Food Lovin’ Family on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter.
More Chicken Recipes